Black Bristled Toothbrushes for Beautiful Teeth

Okay, this might sound weird but this toothbrush is amazing. I never thought I would be talking about a toothbrush that changed my brushing game but here I am.


I brought the Grin Charcoal-Infused Bamboo Toothbrush during my latest purchase from Oh Natural. It is the same size as your ordinary toothbrush, just a little slimmer and simple. They retail for $3.99 NZD, which to me is pretty reasonably priced. The handle is made of sustainably sourced bamboo that is 100% biodegradable, so you can easily throw it in the compost bin when you're done with it. The bristles are super soft, softer than anything I have used before and infused with activated charcoal.

The charcoal infused bristles are designed to reduce the amount of bacteria that sits in your toothbrush when you aren't using it. Who doesn't want that right?! I shudder to think how many germies were jiggling around in my old brush, ew. The charcoal even helps to reduce the bacteria in the mouth while also naturally whitening the teeth.

I know that some people have a fear around putting 'wooden' things in their mouths (sorry if that sounds strange) but I have known a few people with an aversion to wooden utensils. So if you suffer from that, you might not like this for obvious reasons.


This toothbrush seems to go above and beyond its original duty of just cleaning your teeth. I can honestly say that my teeth feel cleaner since switching to this brush, I've thrown away my old one and am even trying to get my boyfriend on board haha! I don't think he'll be too surprised about what his next gift from me will be 😘

The only downside to this toothbrush is that it soaks up water. My boyfriend and I keep our toothbrushes in a tall glass in the bathroom and my toothbrush seems to like soaking up the excess water in the bottom. It isnt an overly big deal as only about 1cm of the brush becomes wet but it may be an issue for some, so thought I'd let you know. Apart from having a hanging brush holder I can't think of a way around it. The Grin site also mentions not to leave the brush sitting in water becasue this will happen due to it being natural bamboo wood, so I guess everyone is well warned.

Grin also do toothpaste, both normal and whitening, which I am yet to try but have added it to my list of things to check out. While for fussy kids they do a strawberry and an orange flavour, to help get them excited about brushing. If I'm entirely honest, strawberry flavored things are my all time favourite and that toothpaste is tempting me, a lot. I don't think my other half would be too happy about brushing his teeth with fruit flavoured toothpaste though!

You can check out the mentioned products on the Grin site here or check out Oh Natural here, who stock their products and a lot more amazing things.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

- B

Comments