Pokemon ♥ Tony Moly: Pikachu Mini Cover Cushion Foundation




The Pokemon collaboration with Tony Moly is one of the cutest things I've seen and owned.
I mean who doesn't love Pokemon right?!

Name: Pokemon Pikachu Mini Cover Cushion
Brand: Tony Moly
Price: ~ $15 NZD
Size: 9g



The cushion only comes in two colours, #1 Skin Beige and #2 Warm Beige. Which is pretty poor shade selection for anyone who isn't fair. But in all fairness this product is aimed at the Korean market so that would explain the shade selection. So I am sorry those of you who enjoy getting in the sun or have darker skin, this might need too much bronzer to work for you.

I brought mine in #1 Skin Beige (due to #2 Warm Beige being sold out) and it was too light for me. I was able to make it work once my blush and bronzer were on. It did seem to oxidise and blend more with my skin as the day progressed. Maybe in the middle of winter when I am very pale this colour will match.

The product claims to 'perfect your skin' and 'smoothly cover skin texture' and I can agree on that. It's a dewy foundation and even when set with a powder it still has a luminosity that peeps through. The coverage on this little guy is  pretty good and I was quite surprised at how well it covered the acne on my chin and forehead. While you could still see the spots, it reduced their appearance to the point that I felt comfortable enough to leave the house without concealer.

It took very little product to get good coverage and you do have to be light handed when dipping the cute 'pokeball' sponge into the cushion as it's very easy to pick up too much product.

The foundation is SPF50+ and its also has PA+++ which means it's has the highest grade of UVA protection, which is pretty darn good. However with the shade range I doubt I will be using this during the summer. With that in mind I didn't notice any significant flashback with it, but if you were doing a photoshoot or using flash photography I would recommend using something else just in case.

The wear time on this is reasonable. I did find it seperated on my chin by the end of the day but if it was touched up I think it could last longer. I will continue to use this for when I want to run errands in town or just want a bit more coverage than a powder.

I purchased mine from www.mik.co.nz but you can also find it here at www.beautynetkorea.com

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments