Oi Look After Your Body and the Environment

I'm not going to lie, I despise that time of the month. I hate walking that aisle in the supermarket trying to find a product that works, feels good (and by good I mean not feeling like you have a piece of cardboard strapped between your thighs) and at a price that means I'm not skipping dinner to pay for it. I bet there are a few of you out there who are silently agreeing with me on this one.

But these aren't the only reasons why I dislike dealing with my period. The other is that no matter what product you choose it's either been bleached, chemically treated or scented, made of plastic or some other synthetic product that probably won't have fully broken down till the time I hit menopause.

So when I came across the New Zealand company Organic Initiative (Oi) I was pretty chuffed. These guys are creating organic cotton products that are completely biodegradable. Meaning a win for you and the environment. Even better yet the product's packaging is biodegradable and the boxes are recyclable meaning nothing is wasted. Think of all the good karma you will gain by using them. 

This company is also socially conscious and works with RAW (Reclaim Another Women) a programme aimed at changing the lives of socially disadvantaged women in New Zealand. Oi give you the option online to donate products which they will also match and send to RAW to help women. A pretty awesome idea because everyone deserves the chance to care for their body.

They stock a pretty wide range of products from tampons, applicator tampons, pads, panty liners, menstrual cups and even a starter kit which is a great way to try out their range or to give to a daughter or friend.



So I spent the week trying out their products and was super impressed. There was no fuss, no leaking and most importantly I was comfortable. The applicator tampon was however a little hard to use if you didn't read their instructions beforehand. I am a longtime fan of applicator tampons but this one has a locking mechanism which I failed to realise and was rather stumped for a while. Note to self: always read instructions first. 
They sell their products for a similar price to others on the market so in all fairness I don't see why these other brands can't get on board and start helping the environment out. Either way I'm going to continue to purchase the Oi products and maybe, just maybe one day be game enough to try out their menstrual cup!

Treating your body right and caring for the environment doesn't have to be difficult and Organic Initiative make it a hell of a lot easier. So if you want to feel better about the products you are using go out and give them a try! Check them out at supermarkets across NZ or order online at www.oi4me.com


- B x


Comments